Re: [igraph] Modularity of Specific Partitions

From: Fabio Daolio
Subject: Re: [igraph] Modularity of Specific Partitions
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 23:04:40 +0200

Dear Lucy,

if the network is not too big, you could also try the “spinglass.community”
method
fixing the number of spins equal to the (maximum) number of partitions you need.

This does not ensure that you will get the optimal partitioning either, nor
that you
will actually get the number of partitions you want (it could be less), but if
you play
with the parameters (e.g. by setting a cooling factor very close to 1), you
should get
reasonably good results in terms of modularity.

Best,
—
Fabio