Re: [igraph] Easier way to compile igraph on Windows?

From: Szabolcs Horvát
Subject: Re: [igraph] Easier way to compile igraph on Windows?
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2015 18:44:19 +0200

It seems the way to build the MSVC source package is to use "make msvc" after ./configure.

For some reason this builds an incorrect package when I run it in cygwin. I get "file names" such as "include\make[1]" in the generated .vcproj file, so something seems to go very wrong with the project generation.

If I run "make msvc" on OS X instead of cygwin, it does generate a _valid_ project file, but trying to build it throws errors about several missing include files, such as "amd_internal.h" and "cholmod_internal.h" (I guess the include directories are missing from the project file?), as well as several other problems such as M_PI not being defined.

Since R/igraph 1.0 seems to be based on the development verison of C/igraph, I assume there must be a better way to compile igraph for Windows than trying to fix all these manually.  Has anyone compiled the 0.8 series for Windows already?  What is the right way to do it?

Using the cygwin compiler is not an option because it introduces dependencies on cygwin DLLs.  Using the MinGW compiler doesn't seem to be possible because it doesn't have sys/times.h, which igraph wants to use.

Is there any alternative solution?