Re: [igraph] Segfault on using the igraph_community_leading_eigenvector(

From: Anirudh Tiwari
Subject: Re: [igraph] Segfault on using the igraph_community_leading_eigenvector() function
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 05:06:58 +0530

You were spot on. I indeed had another version of igraph(0.6.5)
installed on my system. I removed it and manually added /usr/local/lib
manually to the linker's path and it worked. Thanks a lot :)

On 27 May 2016 at 03:37, Tamas Nepusz <address@hidden> wrote:
> 64-bit Fedora 22. I am compiling the program using the following command:
> gcc igraph_community_leading_eigenvector.c -I/usr/local/include/igraph
> -L/usr/local/include/igraph -ligraph -o igraph_community_leading_eigenvector

Totally a stab in the dark, but it seems like you have multiple
versions of igraph installed on your machine if the above command
works. One version resides in /usr/local/lib, the other one in
/usr/lib. Since you specified the library path in the gcc invocation
as /usr/local/include/igraph, and that folder does not contain
libigraph.so (because it's in /usr/local/lib), the compiler simply
picks up the one in /usr/lib instead. So, you end up compiling and
linking an executable for the version of igraph installed in /usr/lib,
but the interface specified in the header file is incompatible with
that because it comes from /usr/local/include.