Re: [igraph] Fwd: scale-free/preferential attachment matrix

From: George Vega Yon
Subject: Re: [igraph] Fwd: scale-free/preferential attachment matrix
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2016 11:52:26 -0800

Let M={m_ij} be a square matrix of size n, then m_ij = 1 iff x_j="A" and i != j. If you want to build something like that, then this should work:

rm(list=ls())

x   <- c("A", "A", "B", "B", "A")
y   <- rep("A", length(x))

# An entry in mat will be 1 iff target == "A"
M <- outer(y, x, "==")
M[] <- as.integer(M)
diag(M) <- 0

dimnames(M) <- list(x,x)

# A nicer way of printing it
library(Matrix)
methods::as(M, "dgCMatrix")

> methods::as(M, "dgCMatrix")
5 x 5 sparse Matrix of class "dgCMatrix"
  A A B B A
A . 1 . . 1
A 1 . . . 1
B 1 1 . . 1
B 1 1 . . 1
A 1 1 . . .

Best,

On Tue, Dec 27, 2016 at 11:41 AM, Sebastián Goinheix <address@hidden> wrote:
​Hi:
I tried the outer function but I couldn't fix it.
The solution you suggest is another way of generate homophilia matrices (linking vertices with equal characteristics). Actually what I need is to generate links between all the nodes and those that have a specific attribute, as:
  A A B B B
A 0 1 1 1 1
A 1 0 1 1 1
B 1 1 0 0 0
B 1 1 0 0 0
B 1 1 0 0 0

Any ideas?
thank you very much!

--------
Sebastián Goinheix
Instituto de Economía - UdelaR
Tel: 24001369 (int. 116)
Por favor, evite imprimir este correo.

Thanks George

--------
Sebastián Goinheix
Instituto de Economía - UdelaR
Tel: 24001369 (int. 116)
Por favor, evite imprimir este correo.

Does this works?

rm(list=ls())

x   <- c("A", "A", "B", "B", "B")
mat <- outer(x, x, "==")
mat[] <- as.integer(mat)

dimnames(mat) <- list(x,x)
mat

> mat
  A A B B B
A 1 1 0 0 0
A 1 1 0 0 0
B 0 0 1 1 1
B 0 0 1 1 1
B 0 0 1 1 1

Best,

On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 9:21 AM, Sebastián Goinheix <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,
​​
​​
I want to perform network regresion with QAP procedure (netlm function of sna package).

I ​have matrices with some inter-organizational relations, and with ​calculated matrices for homophily hypotheses through the bipartite.projection function.
But now I need a matrix that contains links from all nodes to those that have a specific attribute, say "A". For example:
nodes attributes
1 A
2 A
3 B
4 B
5 B
Therefore, the resulting adjacency matrix will be:
  1 2 3 4 5
1 0 1 1 1 1
2 1 0 1 1 1
3 1 1 0 0 0
4 1 1 0 0 0
5 1 1 0 0 0
​​
​​
I assume the sample_pa function will not work since the network is based on vertex attributes
 and​
 the model should not be random
​.​

How can I get it in Igraph (or other)?