[iiwusynth-devel] Some build problems

From: Josh Green
Subject: [iiwusynth-devel] Some build problems
Date: 12 Apr 2002 20:18:44 -0600

Hello yall. Looks like there is a problem with the current iiwusynth
CVS. I looked at it briefly but could not figure out what was wrong with
it. `iiwu_profile_data' would appear to be defined, and the headers
included etc. Rather than spend more time on it, I thought I'd notify
the list. Here is the error I get during the 'make' stage (only the last
command pasted here):

gcc -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-all-loops -O2 -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith
-Wbad-function-cast -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wno-unused -o .libs/iiwusynth iiwusynth.o
/home/josh/code/iiwusynth/src/.libs/libiiwusynth.so -lm -lreadline
-lncurses -lm -lm -L/home/josh/code/iiwusynth/src/.libs
/usr/lib/libasound.so -lm -lpthread -lm -ldl -Wl,--rpath
-Wl,/usr/local/lib
/home/josh/code/iiwusynth/src/.libs/libiiwusynth.so: undefined reference
to `iiwu_profile_data'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Another error I have been getting for a while is this one (received
during the 'make' stage):

libtool: ltconfig version `' does not match ltmain.sh version `1.3.4'
Fatal configuration error.  See the libtool docs for more information.

I've been getting around it by doing a "libtoolize --force ;
./autogen.sh".

Anyways. Take it easy :)
   Josh Green