info-gnu-chess

RE: Problem compiling opening book on Gnu Chess 5.4.

From: Sternbach, William [IT]
Subject: RE: Problem compiling opening book on Gnu Chess 5.4.
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 14:49:18 -0400

Simon,

1) Can I write a "C" program to remove the comments from the Book.pgn file
    so it can be imported with no problems into book.dat?

2) My book.pgn was 111 MB, but my book.dat is only 10 MB.
    Is it correct for the book.dat file to be only 10% of the size
    of the book.pgn file?

3) My book.dat file and the gnuchess.exe file are currently located in:
    /gnuchess/src.   Is this the correct place to put them?

Thank you in advance for your Email reply.

- Bill