info-gnu-chess

Changes made to 2 of your source files to enable compilation on M ingw G

From: Sternbach, William [IT]
Subject: Changes made to 2 of your source files to enable compilation on M ingw Gnu compiler.
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 15:26:08 -0400

Simon,

I was able to compile gnuchess using Mingw GCC "C" compiler
version 3.2 running under the MSYS system which is a tiny Unix
system which runs on top of Microsoft Windows operating systems.

The MSYS system allows you to run ./configure scripts and use
ported Unix utilities like make and tar.

Please see: http://www.mingw.org/
to learn more about MSYS.

To download the latest version of MSYS and Mingw GCC Version 3.2,
please visit: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2435

I did have to change 2 of your source code files because the timeval
structure is not supported by mingw gcc.  I changed them to an equivalent
time structure which is supported by all "C" compilers.
The functionality of what you are doing in the code stays the same.

I've attached the enclosed 2 "C" programs which I changed below.

You may wish to incorporate these changes into a new release
of GNU chess, so it will more easily compile on all "C" compilers.

- Bill