info-gnu-chess

Re: <program output> || gnuchess ??

From: Anders Carlsson
Subject: Re: <program output> || gnuchess ??
Date: 29 Apr 2004 10:09:10 +0200

Peter Billam <peter@pjb.com.au> writes:

> The Xboard protocol doesn't seem to be mentioned in `man xboard`:
> is there an RFC, or a convenient web page that defines it ?

If nothing else, you can get the ICS client icsDrone (RoboFICS)
which connects Gnuchess/Crafty/etc with FICS and other ICSes,
usable for interfacing a chess computer with a chess server.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/icsdrone/

At least the part of the connection to the chess engine should
be according to the XBoard protocol, I presume?

--
Anders Carlsson