info-gnu-chess

configuration

From: H. Lekin
Subject: configuration
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 13:21:01 +0200

Hi list,

I have installed gnuchess 6.2.4 and xboard 4.9.0. Unfortunately, I can
hardly configure it/them (.xboardrc) to my needs.

I wish to play vs. the computer, save the game, resume it later on, and
do NOT get my home directory spoiled with log.nnn and game.nnn files.

After automatically saving a game as .pgn, I manually have to re-load
the file, confirm all moves, and re-choose the machine mode.
Is there any other way to do this more efficiently?

It looks like, that all necessary information is written to the .pgn.
How can I get rid of the log.nnn, game.nnn, etc. files in my home?

Thanks in advance for all help you can offer.

Regards,
h.lekin