info-gnu-chess

Re: configuration

From: Antonio Ceballos
Subject: Re: configuration
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 23:31:15 +0200

Hi H. Lekin,

Thanks for your interest on GNU Chess.

I understand the small inconvenience you describe. In the current version
of GNU Chess (6.2.4), the log.nnn and game.nnn files are controlled by the
'name' command. If you use that command, the files will be created.

It appears that XBoard always sends that command to GNU Chess when a
game is started by default, hence the files are always created. I have seen
an autosave option in XBoard, which might improve your user experience.
However, I have not found a way to prevent XBoard from sending the 'name'
command to GNU Chess. You may want to try and ask in the XBoard list.

Regards,
Antonio Ceballos