mail goes to "ghost group"

From: Stefano Ghirlanda
Subject: mail goes to "ghost group"
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 12:30:58 +0200

Dear all,

the subject means that all my incoming mail ends up in a group
mail.misc which is not mentioned in my mail splitting rule. The
history is as follows.

I decided to try spam.el in conjunction with bogofilter. I somewhat
carelessly pasted into my .gnus some configuration lines from
mygnus.org and I commented out my mail splitting rules. This did not
work and I tried to go back to my old mail splitting configuration.

When I did so, however, I could not see an incoming mail. Looking
under Mail I noticed a mail/misc directory where my messages were
being stored. I subscribed to mail.misc and there I saw all my
messages. All messages: my split method is not invoked. I once
(probably) had a mail.misc group but it was months ago.

Since I can see no mention of mail.misc in my .gnus or other files
(welle I see it in .newsrc.eld but I won't touch that one directly),
how can remove this group and tell gnus to go back using my split
method?

Here is the part of my .gnus I use for splitting (with mail addresses
replcced with "bogus"):

;;; mail splitting
(setq nnmail-crosspost nil)
(setq nnml-split-methods
      '(("spam" "From:.*bogus")
        ("unibo" "From:.*bogus")
        ("unibo" "From:.*bogus")
        ("mail" "To:.*bogus")
        ("mail" "Cc:.*bogus")

Thanks,
Stefano

--
Stefano   | Department of Psychology, University of Bologna
Ghirlanda | Interdisciplinary cultural research, Stockholm University