Re: How to byte-compile GNUS on Debian

From: Sebastien Kirche
Subject: Re: How to byte-compile GNUS on Debian
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 10:28:12 +0200

Hi,

Le 22 Oct 2004, Emre Sevinc s'est exprimé ainsi :

> I'll be very glad if somebody can help me with that situation,

Mmmh, not  sure about  your problem.  Do you have  both emacs20  and emacs21
installed ? Maybe you could get rid of emacs20 ?
Do you have the packages descriptions up  to date ? (if not : apt-get update
&& apt-get upgrade)

Did you  try something like  «apt-get install -f»  to see if it  can achieve
installation (try to update first) ?

> at least show me how to byte-compile gnus so that it can be
> faster.

- Launch emacs
- M-x locate-library -> enter "gnus"
- note the given path
- M-x byte-recompile-directory with the given path

It should do it.

Regards,
Sébastien Kirche