spam, imap: false pos: use-BBDB-exclusive, use-blacklist,

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: spam, imap: false pos: use-BBDB-exclusive, use-blacklist,
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 13:23:07 +0200

Hello

As I described in my last message I have difficulties to use spam-stat
on my imap server. So I thought of using blacklist in order to split
my SPAM group.

The idea is first to use the setting

(setq
                 nnimap-split-rule  'nnimap-split-fancy
                 nnimap-split-inbox "INBOX"
                 nnimap-split-fancy  '(|
                                                           (: spam-split)
                                                           "MAILBOX"))
 (setq spam-use-BBDB-exclusive  t)
 (setq spam-use-BBDB t)
this way a SPAM groups with spam message is generated, I enter the
group and either mark the ham, with the ! (That is
gnus-summary-tick-article-forward) as I read in the manual.

This way I hope a blacklist of the true spam is generated.

Then for the next get-new-mail I use the setting(setq
 nnimap-split-rule  'nnimap-split-fancy
 nnimap-split-inbox "INBOX"
 nnimap-split-fancy  '(|
(: spam-split 'spam-use-BBDB 'spam-use-blacklist "SPAM.REAL")
(: spam-split 'spam-use-BBDB-exclusive "SPAM.HAM")
                                           "MAILBOX"))
and hope to have the real spam in SPAM.REAL and possible ham in
SPAM.HAM.

However this does not work as I hoped, that is ALL mail ends up in
MAILBOX.

Could anybody help me please?

Uwe Brauer