Re: spam, imap: false pos: use-BBDB-exclusive, use-blacklist,

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: spam, imap: false pos: use-BBDB-exclusive, use-blacklist,
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 13:58:16 -0400

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004, oub@mat.ucm.es wrote:

> (: spam-split 'spam-use-BBDB 'spam-use-blacklist "SPAM.REAL")
> (: spam-split 'spam-use-BBDB-exclusive "SPAM.HAM")
>                                          "MAILBOX"))
> and hope to have the real spam in SPAM.REAL and possible ham in
> SPAM.HAM.
>
> However this does not work as I hoped, that is ALL mail ends up in
> MAILBOX.

Open the article(s) in question, hit `t' to display everything, then
run the following functions:

M-: (spam-split 'spam-use-BBDB 'spam-use-blacklist "SPAM.REAL")
M-: (spam-split 'spam-use-BBDB-exclusive "SPAM.HAM")

What do you get?

These two tests simulate exactly what happens when the mail is split.
If you get the results you expect, something else is wrong.  If you
don't, you need to send me your BBDB, blacklist file, and message(s)
that are not processed correctly.

Let's keep the discussion in this newsgroup.

Thanks
Ted