Re: NNTP spam filtering

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: NNTP spam filtering
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 13:54:41 -0400

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, bkhl@elektrubadur.se wrote:

> So, I'm wondering what I can do on the client side to "filter"
> spam in news read from NNTP servers. Are there any tools out there for
> that, that are friendly with Gnus?

The latest spam.el releases have spam autodetection that works with
NNTP.  Basically when you enter a group (any group - it works with
other backends too) the spam-autodetect spam checks will be done and
articles that get flagged will get the spam mark.  The exit-time
processing is same as usual, except that articles will never be moved,
only copied out.

I use this a LOT with Gmane groups, which have their own special spam
check, and it's made my life a lot easier.  emacs-devel, especially,
gets way too much spam to be useful without this filtering.

Ted