Re: cached articles in unavailable foreign groups

From: Peter Petersen
Subject: Re: cached articles in unavailable foreign groups
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 20:08:10 +0200

* Peter Petersen <ppetersen@despammed.com> schrieb:

> I have a lot of cached articles (marked with *) in several groups and
> also in some groups on a foreign server (news.individual.de).
>
> Since news.individual.de is no longer for free and my subscription ended
> (true for many of its former users since today), I can no longer use
> that server. But my cached articles are still there in some groups of
> this server! I know that the cached articles are still there (as proven
> by looking in my News directory). Regardless whether I am "plugged" or
> "unplugged" I can no longer enter those groups, although my cached
> articles have been saved there.

Well, in the meantime I have found a work-around: read directory as a
group - I just open my News/cache directory and read it as a group.

But I still wonder whether there is no way to just enter the
corresponding foreign (and no longer accessible) groups (opening them
locally) and at least read the cached posts therein...

later
Peter