Re: Article counts under nnimap

From: Marc
Subject: Re: Article counts under nnimap
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 15:11:16 +0200

David Z Maze <dmaze@mit.edu> writes:

> This all feels a little weird to me.  If nothing else, I'd like to
> have the user-visible article count correct, but it also feels like
> Gnus has a somewhat wrong feeling of what's going on on the IMAP
> server?  Any hints?

Hi,

I have no hints and I'm no gnus/emacs hacker but I can say that nnimap
does have a problem with article count. I'm splitting mail from INBOX
into several folders. After splitting is done, INBOX still has as count
number the total of incoming mails (seems that it also counts mails that
have been moved in another folder).

Sometimes it diplays a count != 0 but when you enter the group, it sees
that there is no new mail and does nothing...

Hope this is not too OT ;)

Cheers,
Marc