OT: About closed topics in the present newsgroup

From: romeomedina
Subject: OT: About closed topics in the present newsgroup
Date: 1 Oct 2005 03:35:40 -0700

Hi.

It sometimes happens that one starts a new topic in gnu.emacs.gnus
to ask for help, and then some weeks or some months later he/she
finds the solution. Then I go to the old topic to provide
the solution I've found and... What a shame! The topic is closed,
no further reply is possible any more.
Then I either:

        give up the idea of providing the solution,

but this way other people won't be able to benefit from
my experience; or:

        start a new topic (with the same subject) in which
        I report the solution,

but this way confusion is created in the newsgroup and
waste of topics.
There must certainly be some strong technical reasons for closing
a topic after one month, but... well, how better it would be if
topics could be kept open for long, even permanently.
Is it technically very much difficult?

Excuse my maybe silly question, I'm newbie about newsgroups
Rodolfo