Re: OT: About closed topics in the present newsgroup

From: Barutan Seijin
Subject: Re: OT: About closed topics in the present newsgroup
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 23:47:43 -0400

On  2005.10.1, romeomedina@libero.it wrote:

> No, I'm not using Gnus to read newsgroups, not even mail,
> I'm just learning to use Gnus and am using it shortly to catch mail.
> I should've said before, but forgot it might be important.
> So, is it difficult to configure Gnus so to read gnu.emacs.gnus
> with it?

no, not at all.  I think it's quite a bit easier than configuring gnus
to read your mail.

First, point gnus at your newserver in your .gnus.  Like this:

(setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "your.news.host"))

Then, after starting gnus and letting it get the active file -- that
might take a while -- you can jump to gnu.emacs.gnus by hittin 'j' in
the Group buffer.  You can subscribe to it by hitting 'u'.

I hope I haven't forgotten anything.  You can check the gnus
documentation to make sure.

--
Barutan Seijin -- barutanseijin@gmail.com