Re: [XEmacs] problem with date

From: Katsumi Yamaoka
Subject: Re: [XEmacs] problem with date
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 10:17:26 +0900

> Hi,

> I am currently giving a try with XEmacs while i am a regular GNU/Emacs
> user and i have a problem with the Date: header.

> As you can see, instead of having the timezone at the end of the field
> (I am currently in +0200) i have a weird 'z' letter.

> This result in displaying the date of the message in the summary buffer
> 2 hours later than the actual date.

> My Gnus is from CVS, updated yesterday.

My best guess is that it is caused by the message-make-date
function defined in message.el.  It is for only Emacs[1] but
should be replaced by message-xmas-make-date for XEmacs defined
in messagexmas.el.  message.elc seems to certainly load
messagexmas.elc and replace it by running the following section:

(when (featurep 'xemacs)
  (require 'messagexmas)
  (message-xmas-redefine))

Even if message.elc is reloaded, it should work.  So, I don't
see why such a problem occurs.

[1] The %z spec which XEmacs doesn't support is given to the
format-time-string function there.