Re: [XEmacs] problem with date

From: Katsumi Yamaoka
Subject: Re: [XEmacs] problem with date
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 07:48:22 +0900

>> I am currently giving a try with XEmacs while i am a regular GNU/Emacs
>> user and i have a problem with the Date: header.

>> As you can see, instead of having the timezone at the end of the field
>> (I am currently in +0200) i have a weird 'z' letter.

>> This result in displaying the date of the message in the summary buffer
>> 2 hours later than the actual date.

>> My Gnus is from CVS, updated yesterday.

> My best guess is that it is caused by the message-make-date...

Another guess is that you failed to fully install CVS Gnus.
messagexmas.el is essential to make XEmacs run Gnus, however it
won't be installed for Emacs.  I suspect you installed CVS Gnus
using Emacs first and recompiled them using XEmacs.  You will
probably need to know where message.elc and messagexmas.elc come
from.  To do that:

M-x locate-library RET message RET
M-x locate-library RET messagexmas RET

If message.elc comes from CVS Gnus and messagexmas.elc comes
from the XEmacs package, it will naturally happen.  Otherwise,
you can simply grep the messagexmas.el file for the string
`message-xmas-make-date'.