Problem incorporating old mail file

From: Aaron Hsu
Subject: Problem incorporating old mail file
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 19:40:53 -0600

I have a huge mail file that is rather ugly which I would like to
incorporate into my Gnus system. I have reasonable splitting commands
setup for all my old mail, but what I intend to do is this:

1. Get all the mail into an nnml format for archivial purposes.
2. Eliminate all the newsgroup type entries, which are dead.
3. Sort all the mail based on a few splitting rules (I have this one
covered.)
4. Take the most important pieces of mail (based on something like
group or some such) and upload them to my new IMAP mail server under
certain groups. (I'm doing this so that I have my important mail with
me whereever.)

What's the best way to do this?

--
Aaron Hsu <spam@sacrificumdeo.net> Jabber: arcfide@xmpp.us