Re: gmail from gnus

From: rahed
Subject: Re: gmail from gnus
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 20:33:15 +0100

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

>> I understood if I use GnuTLS then starttls-program is not used but
>> GnuTLS program gnu-cli in starttls-use-gnutls function. Should I set
>> starttls-program?
>
> This is probably the problem.  I use starttls:
>
> starttls (starttls) 0.10
>
> and it works for me.  Maybe someone that uses GnuTLS can help you?

Actually I don't mind what to use. What should I change to start
communicate with gmail via starttls instead of gnutls-cli?

> Otherwise you can try to walk with me through the setup of
> starttls.el, which is not too bad:
>
> (defcustom starttls-gnutls-program "gnutls-cli"
>   "Name of GNUTLS command line tool.
> This program is used when GNUTLS is used, i.e. when
> `starttls-use-gnutls' is non-nil."
>   :version "22.1"
>   :type 'string
>   :group 'starttls)
>
> (defcustom starttls-program "starttls"
>   "The program to run in a subprocess to open an TLSv1 connection.
> This program is used when the `starttls' command is used,
> i.e. when `starttls-use-gnutls' is nil."
>   :type 'string
>   :group 'starttls)
>
> (defcustom starttls-use-gnutls (not (executable-find starttls-program))
>   "*Whether to use GNUTLS instead of the `starttls' command."
>   :version "22.1"
>   :type 'boolean
>   :group 'starttls)
>
> So you have to check all three variables and let us know their
> values...

They're this way.

starttls-gnutls-program   gnutls-cli
stgarttls-program         starttls
starttls-use-gnutls       t

I'm afraid gnutls won't work with emacs and on windows, at least from
the Message-ID: <87mz8t455l.fsf@latte.josefsson.org> thread on
gmane.network.gnutls.general.

--
Radek