A few questions on signing/encrypting emails

From: Leo
Subject: A few questions on signing/encrypting emails
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 16:27:02 +0000

Hi all,

I lately received some signed emails and I don't know how to properly
handle them. So I started learning to use signing/encrypting
facilities in Gnus by reading the security section in message info.

I have few questions:

        o When signing an email, my private key will be used, right?
          And I could encrypt an email with just the recipient's pub
          key. But when I send an encrypted email, I will also be
          prompted to input passphrase. Does this mean signing is
          automatically done?

        o What is the simplest way to handle multiple personal keys? I
          created two keys. One for work and one for anything
          else. But when I signed an email, only the one indicated by
          pgg-default-user-id is used.

          I am somehow stuck with Gnus 5.11 but I have easypg
          installed. As I understood, for Gnus 5.11 to sign/encrypt
          emails using epg, I need to use pgg-epg.el which is also
          installed.

        o When I try to encrypt an email to a recipient whose pub key
          is not in my pub-key-ring, I will get an error
          (wrong-type-argument epg-key-p nil) (full backtrace
          attached). How to set up gnus to import the pubkey from
          key-server?

If you have any suggestions on signing and encrypting emails, I am
very happy to hear them. Thank you in advance for your help.