Re: Gnus: always seeing old articles when entering an imap folder

From: Rémi Letot
Subject: Re: Gnus: always seeing old articles when entering an imap folder
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 01:29:44 +0200

poppyer <poppyer@gmail.com> writes:

> Another question about this.
> When I use Ctrl-u to enter a large folder
> it will ask me to key in how many articles I want to view
> is there any way to pre-set this variable? say 100, such that I don't
> need to key in it every time?

Customize the group (with G-c in the Group buffer) and use this :

[ ] Initial Input for Large Newsgroup: [Value Menu] All
 [Hide]
    This number will be prompted as the initial value of the number of
    articles to list when the group is a large newsgroup (see
    `gnus-large-newsgroup').  If it is nil, the default value is the
    total number of articles in the group.

Hope it helps,
--
Rémi