Re: nnimap sent mail

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: nnimap sent mail
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 20:44:38 +0200

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 14:25:17 -0400, David wrote:

> Not the popular answer, I know, but I have Gnus Bcc: outgoing mail to
> myself.

> (setq message-required-mail-headers
>       (nconc message-required-mail-headers
>            (list '(Bcc . "dmaze@mit.edu"))))

> Then my sorting rules pick out mail either to or from an individual, so
> all of my correspondence with people that have their own mail groups can
> show up as a threaded conversation in the respective group.

Another way to get the same effect is to set the group parameter
gcc-self for your mailgroups:

 `gcc-self'
      If `(gcc-self . t)' is present in the group parameter list, newly
      composed messages will be `Gcc''d to the current group.  If
      `(gcc-self . none)' is present, no `Gcc:' header will be
      generated, if `(gcc-self . "string")' is present, this string will
      be inserted literally as a `gcc' header.  This parameter takes
      precedence over any default `Gcc' rules as described later (*note
      Archived Messages::).

(Not that I suggest you change your setup, of course).

  Best regards,

     Adam

--
 "Money always takes the place of life"                       Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk