Re: How do you select a server?... for gnus

From: Joel Reicher
Subject: Re: How do you select a server?... for gnus
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 22:36:35 GMT

thesak <don.saklad@gmail.com> writes:

> There's no .gnus file in my directory.

Perhaps it's called .gnus.el instead? There was a name change, I
think, but I'm not sure why.

Anyway, as I can see from other posts you seem to have realised you
need the line

(setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "news.somewhere.edu"))

in you Gnus configuration file (whether it be called .gnus or
.gnus.el) where news.somewhere.edu is the name of the newsserver
you're using. That's all there is to getting started.

Cheers,

        - Joel