Re: nntp read: 14535k

From: Gernot Hassenpflug
Subject: Re: nntp read: 14535k
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 22:00:34 +0900

thesak <don.saklad@gmail.com> writes:

> What does it mean?... (setq gnus-nov-is-evil nil)

I'll jump in since I still have some patience left.

0. Before anything else, don't top-post. I don't care if you know why
   or not, but if you don't know you should read about it by searching
   the web a little. Obviously you have no idea was discussion groups
   on Usenet are or how to use them.

1. Find an online computer jargon dictionary and read about "The
   September that never ended".

2. Go to the Help menu in Emacs and find the tutorial entry. Then do
   the tutorial, every bit of it. Should take a few days and leave you
   much enlightened.

3. Then, go to the info (C-h i) and find the gnus entry in the
   menu. Start at page one, and continue reading until you have
   absorbed the sections on how to start gnus, how to set it up, how
   to obtain news, various backends and the variables that control
   them, and how to manage news and mail groups.

4. Search for Eric Raymond's article on how to ask smart questions.
--
Grrr!!  ...Pick a reason...