Re: Clickable '-- ' with signatures menu

From: Slackrat
Subject: Re: Clickable '-- ' with signatures menu
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 17:33:35 +0200

Michal Nazarewicz <mina86@tlen.pl> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I've recently came up with an idea of making the signature separator
> clickable in such a way that after clicking it (or pressing enter when
> cursor is on it) a menu would pop-up with a list of signatures.  Then
> I can choose one signature and the current one would be replaced with
> the one I've chosen.
>
> Another thing would be making a "From:" header clickable in similar
> manner -- this time I could choose one of preset From headers.
>
> Surly it is possible do to this but I have no idea how to achieve such
> behaviour.  Any hints or code?

No need to make them clickable

You can customize as follows in .gnus

;; ##################
;; POSTING HEADERS ##
;; ##################
;;

;; Set some default email and news headers
(setq message-default-mail-headers
"Fcc: ~/Mail/outbox")

(setq message-default-news-headers
"Fcc: ~/News/sent.news.archive")

(setq message-required-mail-headers
      (nconc message-required-mail-headers
             (list '(Face . (lambda ()
                              (gnus-face-from-file
"~/.signature/facesmtp.jpg"))))))

(setq message-required-news-headers
      (nconc message-required-news-headers
             (list '(Face . (lambda ()
                              (gnus-face-from-file
"~/.signature/facenntp.jpg"))))))

(setq gnus-posting-styles
      '((".*"
         (name mail-user-name)
         ("X-Guarantee" "This email is certified to have been free
             of UCE and any other Malicious, Harmful or
             Annoying Content when originally posted by
             <user>@azurservers.com - Azurservers posts
             SPF records and do not condone SPAM type
             emails")
         (signature-file "~/.signature/bill")
         ("X-Homepage" "http://azurservers.com";)
         ("X-Operating-System" "Slackware GNU/Linux")
         ("X-AuthNo" "Registered as AZSV bghkd8332277")
         (organization "Not very much!"))

;; USENET
;;=======

         ("rec*"
         (signature-file "~/.signature/davey")
         (name "Davey Crockett")
         (address "d4Qaveycrockett@azurservers.com")
         ("Fcc" "~/Mail/sent-rec")
         )

         ("gnu.emacs*"
         (signature-file "~/.signature/slackrat")
         (name "Slackrat")
         (address "s4Qlackrat@azurservers.com")
         ("Fcc" "~/Mail/sent-gnu"))

;; MAILING LISTS
;;==============
         ("tlug"
         ("To" "tlug@ss.org")
         (signature-file "~/.signature/slackrat")
         (name "SlackRat")
         (address "slackrat4Q@azurservers.com")
         ("Fcc" "~/Mail/sent-tlug")
         )