lost various subscriptions after killing other newsgroups

From: Robert Marshall
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 13:24:13 GMT

I have the following set in .gnus.el
(setq gnus-subscribe-newsgroup-method  'gnus-subscribe-randomly)

and yesterday I decided to clear out the new ng's that I didn't want,
so I did a gnus-group-list-all-groups and killed the groups I didn't
want using gnus-group-kill-region. Shortly after that I noticed that I
was no long subscribed to some groups which certainly weren't in the
kill region. When I resubscribed, I had to manually retick cached
items (though I guess that's a consequence of unsubscribing) and also
that the re-subscribed groups then tended to appear in the *Group*
list twice!

I use topic mode - in case that is relevant - and most of the groups I
lost were miles away - at least in the display - from the groups I had
killed

Also gnus-group-jump-to-group no longer knows about those groups that
I'd lost and they are missing from .newsrc

Robert
--
La grenouille songe..dans son château d'eau
Links and things http://rmstar.blogspot.com/