Re: expanding the article window

From: Daniel C. Bastos
Subject: Re: expanding the article window
Date: 27 Aug 2007 10:30:41 -0400

"Steven E. Harris" <seh@panix.com> writes:

> dbast0s@yahoo.com.br (Daniel C. Bastos) writes:
>
> > But = expands the summary window; I'd like to expand the article
> > window. I wish I would press something like ``='' and kill the tree
> > window, or make the article window take the whole frame.
>
> Yes, I know; I was too terse. I meant that while C-x 0 works, it doesn't
> work as conveniently as = which, unfortunately, does the wrong thing,
> meaning that it would be nice to have a single non-shifted character key
> binding that does what you're describing. We're in agreement here.

I just quickly looked into emacs macros: info: Basic Keyboard Macro. I
defined a macro with ``C-x ( h C-x 1 C-x )'' which switches to the
article window with h and then makes the buffer take the whole frame. I
can now run that with C-x e. If I could bind this macro to a non-shifted
key, then we're done. Ideas?