Re: HTML Emails

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: HTML Emails
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 09:21:20 +0200

On Thu, Oct 18 2007, Randy Yates wrote:

> Randy Yates <yates@ieee.org> writes:
>
>> I mostly love the way gnus allows me to use xemacs to read and respond
>> to usenet articles and email messages, but I hate the way it currently
>> handles HTML emails. They are currently interpreted by xemacs internally
>> (I think by w3) and it does a horrible job.
>>
>> Can someone suggest a way to spawn Firefox to read html messages,

Only in the development version (`gnus-article-browse-html-article' is
on K H, <menu-bar> <Article> <MIME> <Multipart> <View HTML parts in
browser>):

,----[ <f1> f gnus-article-browse-html-article RET ]

`----

>> or can they otherwise suggest a better, more up-to-date method for
>> handling html?

Most people like `w3m' (emacs-w3m)...

,----[ (info "(emacs-mime)Display Customization") ]
`----

> "Gnus v5.10.7" "XEmacs 21.4 (patch 20) \"Double Solitaire\" [Lucid]
> (x86_64-unknown-linux, Mule)

Please upgrade to Gnus 5.10.8 available from the XEmacs packages tree.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)