Setting up email with IMAP

From: Yevgeniy Makarov
Subject: Setting up email with IMAP
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 13:26:57 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I have a basic question. I want to have email via IMAP. I have the
following in my ~/.gnu.el file:

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
  '((nnimap "Work"
            (nnimap-address "mail.cems.uvm.edu")
            (nnimap-list-pattern ("INBOX" "mail/*"))
            (nnimap-server-port 143))))

When I start Gnus, I am asked for the username and password, which are
accepted. After that, I get the following list of groups:

    1100: news.announce.newusers(m)
    4483: news.groups.questions
   30300: gnu.emacs.gnus
       9: nndoc+gnus-help:gnus-help
       *: nndraft:queue
       *: nndraft:drafts

So where is my mail? I tried using "/var/spool/mail/username" instead
of "INBOX" and some other variants without success. When I hit U in
the groups buffer and then TAB toi show all possible groups, I see
only real Usenet groups, like 0020.lang.scheme, a.a.mis.admin,
a.a.mis.dedicated, a.a.mis.pittsburgh, etc, but no INBOX and no my
username.

Unfortunately, I cannot log in into my IMAP server using SSH to make
sure the name of my mailbox is INBOX. Do I miss something or do I
otherwise do things right?

Thanks,
Evgeny