441 Posting Failed (Rejected by POST filter)

From: Brian Adkins
Subject: 441 Posting Failed (Rejected by POST filter)
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 14:21:49 -0400

I am able to post new messages (such as this one) to newsgroups from
Gnus, but when I attempt to post a followup message, I get the following
error (from *Messages*):

--- snip ---
Sending...
Sending news via newsgroups.bellsouth.net using nntp...
441 Posting Failed (Rejected by POST filter)
Couldn't send message via news: 441 Posting Failed (Rejected by POST
filter)
--- snip ---

I'm using the Bellsouth newsgroup server. I noticed a message from
someone with an identical problem on gnu.emacs.gnus in August, 2006, but
there was no resolution provided.

Is anyone else using Gnus with the Bellsouth newsgroup server? Or has
anyone received the following error when posting followup messages?

Brian Adkins