Re: ANN: CRM114 backend for GNUS spam filtering

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: ANN: CRM114 backend for GNUS spam filtering
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 16:28:14 -0500

On Tue, 27 May 2008 12:57:31 -0700 Daniel Franke <df@dfranke.us> wrote:

DF> Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:
>> If you think it's a good idea, we can merge your code with the current
>> CRM114 support.  For splitting, it can do multiple regexes.  For
>> training, maybe it can auto-detect which version is in use, with an
>> optional user override?

DF> I've never used mailfilter so I need to make certain of this, but I
DF> believe mailreaver is more or less a drop-in replacement: their
DF> headers and training files are identical.  So I think the proper
DF> approach is to use mailreaver if it exists on the system, or
DF> mailfilter if it doesn't.

That's fine with me.

>> I can work with you if you want to get this into the main spam.el.

DF> Okay.  I can probably hack it into No Gnus this weekend or next.  Do I
DF> need FSF copyright-transfer paperwork?

Yes, since it's not a trivial change.  Copyright needs to be assigned
specifically for Gnus.  See
http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Papers.html and
drop an e-mail to assign@gnu.org if you have any questions.  You should
probably assign future changes as well to make your life easier, if
possible.

Ted