Re: ANN: CRM114 backend for GNUS spam filtering

From: David
Subject: Re: ANN: CRM114 backend for GNUS spam filtering
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 00:02:50 +0200

> On Tue, 27 May 2008 12:57:31 -0700, Daniel wrote:
>
>> I've never used mailfilter so I need to make certain of this, but I
>> believe mailreaver is more or less a drop-in replacement: their
>> headers and training files are identical.  So I think the proper
>> approach is to use mailreaver if it exists on the system, or
>> mailfilter if it doesn't.
>
> Does that mean that setting spam-crm114-program to point to
> mailreaver.crm instead of mailfilter.crm is sufficient?

If I remember correctly, training for mailreaver is a little bit
different, hence you cannot just replace mailfilter with
mailreaver. Additionally, mailreaver caches the original message so that
it is sufficient to train with the value of the X-CRM114-CacheID
header. This is pretty useful since you don't have worry if the mail was
somehow altered after it was scanned by CRM114.

I wrote a little training function for mailreaver a while ago, but
independent of spam.el:

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/GnusMailreaver

-David