can nnimap be used as a primary select method for GNUS?

From: Ed
Subject: can nnimap be used as a primary select method for GNUS?
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 06:09:34 -0700 (PDT)

Howdy all!

I'm using emacs 22.2, gnus 5.11, on a redhat 9 box.

Quick question:

Can nnimap be used as the primary select method? Or must it be a
secondary select method?

I have seen contradictory advice on the web, with some using nnimap as
their primary method, and others setting the primary one to nil and
using nnimap as a secondary select method.

Since I can get mine working either way, I thought I would at least
try and clear up this confusion. ;-)

Thanks!

Ed