use GNUS with google to read news in GNUS again?

From: Ed
Subject: use GNUS with google to read news in GNUS again?
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 06:06:21 -0700 (PDT)

Howdy all!

Back when I was a wee lad I dreamed of the day when I could finally
figure out features like the numerical ranking of news articles that
GNUS can do.

Alas, after 20 years I still haven't figured out that feature, but by
now I am well used to GNUS for reading both news and email.

However, someone seems to have done away with news servers somehow. My
ISP doesn't offer news, nor is it available in my workplace. I don't
know why this technology, developed when I was a boy, should have
suddenly developed such problems...

Google, of course, has come to the rescue, and that's how I am posting
this message. But I never go to google and scan groups. (Because that
would mean leaving emacs! ;-)

So is there any way to have GNUS take advantage of the google
newsgroup server?

Thanks!

Ed