Re: Archiving posts

From: Andrzej Adam Filip
Subject: Re: Archiving posts
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2009 18:07:21 +0100

kjonca@poczta.onet.pl (Kamil Jońca) wrote:

> kjonca@poczta.onet.pl (Kamil Jońca) writes:
>
>> I want to archive my posts to Unix mbox file, so I put into my .gnus.el
>> something like this:
>>
>> ====
>> (setq gnus-message-archive-method  '(nnmbox "MyPosts"  (nnmbox-mbox-file
>> "~/Gnus/News/My_Posts" nnmbox-get-new-mail f)))
>
> Sorry. My fault, should be:
> (setq gnus-message-archive-method  '(nnmbox "MyPosts"  (nnmbox-mbox-file
> "~/Gnus/News/My_Posts") (nnmbox-get-new-mail nil)))
>
> And now it works.

BTW Have you considered using IMAP?
e.g. maildir based IMAP provided by dovecot.

Emacs/Gnus can use it to access maildir *WITHOUT* any "server wide server".
[ I have decided to use IMAP to be able to use a few MUAs in parallel ]

--
[pl>en Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi@onet.eu : anfi@xl.wp.pl
Once a word has been allowed to escape, it cannot be recalled.