Re: GNUS and imap

From: Andrzej Adam Filip
Subject: Re: GNUS and imap
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 13:29:00 +0100

kjonca@poczta.onet.pl (Kamil Jońca) wrote:

> Andrzej Adam Filip <anfi@onet.eu> writes:
>> [...]
>> BTW Have you considered using IMAP?
>
> Yes, I'm trying. But I cant make gnus to see my folders other than
> INBOX)

<file src="~/bin/imap">
#!/bin/bash
export USER=kamil
export MAIL=maildir:~/Maildir
exec /usr/lib/dovecot/imap
</file>

<file src="~/.emacs">
'(gnus-secondary-select-methods
  (quote (
   (nnimap ""
    (nnimap-stream shell)
    (imap-shell-program "/home/kamil/bin/imap")))))
</file>

To create imap folder seen by gnus as "nnimap:Sent" create maildir
folder ~/Maildir/.Sent ["/home/kamil/Maildir/.Sent/" in procmail recipes]

P.S.
I use more slightly complicated solution with my "personal"
(per my OS account only) dovecot configuration files.

--
[pl>en Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi@onet.eu : anfi@xl.wp.pl
[Sir Stafford Cripps] has all the virtues I dislike and none of the