Re: Link considered unsafe

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Link considered unsafe
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 09:26:28 -0500

On Tue, 04 Aug 2009 19:58:40 +0900 Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org> wrote:

>> - always allow image links in RSS (nnrss should set it, or mm-w3m-*
>> should be aware it's inside a nnrss article buffer)

KY> Maybe the groups can be controllable.  For example:

KY> (defcustom mm-w3m-safe-groups "\\`nnrss[+:]"
KY>   "Groups in which html articles are considered all safe.
KY> The value may be a regexp matching those groups, a list of group names,
KY> or nil.  This overrides `mm-w3m-safe-url-regexp'.")

KY> That looks good and easy to implement, though I have no time for
KY> the moment.

I think that's reasonable.  Looks like mm-decode.el and mm-view.el need
to be modified.  If no one else is interested I'll put it on my TODO list.

KY> BTW, don't all you know the way to access unsafe links?  That is
KY> `C-u RET' on links in html articles.

The problem is that calling the link "unsafe" scares the user.
Furthermore, demanding different (RET vs C-u RET) keyboard actions from
the user requires a mental context switch that distracts from the actual
goal (visiting the link).

Ted