Re: Reading mail, okay, but which way through?

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Reading mail, okay, but which way through?
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 09:30:27 -0500

On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 09:51:41 +0200 Merciadri Luca
<Luca.Merciadri@student.ulg.ac.be> wrote:

ML> Note that I have epa-file.el and epa-file.elc in epg install
ML> directory. I can move these ones (if the compiled version is useful)
ML> to Emacs' directory, if necessary. Where do I have to put them, to
ML> test this? in /home/user (I still cannot write a tilde with Emacs),
ML> assuming user is my username?

Your load-path specifies the directories to search for .el/.elc files
and their priority.  Make the EPG install directory come before the
Emacs load path.  See the Emacs manual and the EmacsWiki for more
information on setting up the load-path and how .elc files are treated
(short answer: usually they are not loaded if the .el file is newer).

Ted