Re: Gnus does not save the groups

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Gnus does not save the groups
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 09:46:32 -0500

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 15:20:46 -0700 (PDT) Merciadri Luca
<merciadriluca@gmail.com> wrote:

ML> On 12 août, 18:32, Ted Zlatanov <t...@lifelogs.com> wrote:
>> You didn't answer the most important question: how did you exit Gnus?
>> Make sure you use `q' or `s' to save your newsrc file.
ML> That is what I wanted to say. I tried many times to quit Gnus saving
ML> my newsrc file (and it displays a message showing that it has been
ML> saved correctly).
>> Then you're not saving to it.  If you add groups, the newsrc file should
>> change when you quit or save.
ML> Surely, but I only show you the result. That is the main point of my
ML> question. :-(

I see.  There's a serious problem with your setup or your Emacs (or
Gnus) installation, if `q'uit and `s'ave don't work.  Can you install
Emacs 23.1 from source in a separate directory and try to use it?  That
way we can establish a baseline of *something* that works.

Ted