Re: .authinfo.gpg and caching

From: Richard Riley
Subject: Re: .authinfo.gpg and caching
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 02:04:40 +0200

Richard Riley <rileyrgdev@gmail.com> writes:

> I moved to a .authinfo.gpg file recently and updated my gnus sources
> accordingly. I can set
> epa-file-cache-passphrase-for-symmetric-encryption to t and thats
> fine. But suppose I want to encrypt with a key? epa doesn't seem to talk
> to my gpg-agent. Is this as designed? Or should it cache? With no
> caching each time I refresh gnus I have to type in my key password for
> each and every machine accessed each time.
>
> thanks for any info,
>
> r.

OK, I found the reason . the Environmental GPG_AGENT_INFO is nil. I added

if test -f $HOME/.gpg-agent-info &&    kill -0 `cut -d: -f 2
$HOME/.gpg-agent-info` 2>/dev/null; then
    export GPG_AGENT_INFO=`cat $HOME/.gpg-agent-info`
else
    eval `gpg-agent --daemon`
    echo $GPG_AGENT_INFO >$HOME/.gpg-agent-info
fi

to my .gnomerc. But emacs still reports it to be nil. If I open
.gpg-agent-info and setenv GPG_AGENT_INFO then it all works. Its value
is also correct in a shell. But even emacs started from a shell say its
nil.

So what could be stopping emacs seeing this env?