Re: Debugging msmtp in gnus

From: Thomas Bach
Subject: Re: Debugging msmtp in gnus
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 22:26:13 +0200

Sivaram Neelakantan <nsivaram.net@gmail.com> writes:

> Thomas Bach <bachth@uni-mainz.de> writes:
>
> [snipped 43 lines]
> Are you using 23.1 or 22.2?  Because 23.1 requires the first line
> below to work

I am using version 22.2.

> (setq message-send-mail-function 'message-send-mail-with-sendmail)
Actually this variable is documented, but changing its value brings no
difference.

> (setq sendmail-program "/usr/sbin/msmtp")
BTW: Why is msmtp installed in /usr/sbin? Is this the cygwin-way?

> I use cygwin msmtp and win32 Emacs-23.1.
I think that I used emacs-23 and some newer gnus. It has been an
gentoo-setup and thus rather uncommon anyway.

> What does the msmtp log say?
Thats another thing: msmtp doesn't log neither. It does when invoked
on the command-line, but it doesn't when I am in gnus. Thats another
reason why I'd like to have the whole command gnus invokes, just to
check that there is really a /usr/bin/msmtp at the beginning.

> One other to check is to where msmtp
> looks for its configuration files from within Emacs by launching it
> within the Emacs shell.  On the new computer, the HOME env might be
> different and that's why it's not working?
That looks fine.

Greets,
        Thomas.