Re: Debugging msmtp in gnus

From: Thomas Bach
Subject: Re: Debugging msmtp in gnus
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 02:00:37 +0200

Sivaram Neelakantan <nsivaram.net@gmail.com> writes:

> Thomas Bach <bachth@uni-mainz.de> writes:
>>> What does the msmtp log say?
>> Thats another thing: msmtp doesn't log neither. It does when invoked
>> on the command-line, but it doesn't when I am in gnus.
>
> hmmm...I'm fairly confident that this means, Emacs can't find msmtp to
> send the email OR msmtp is looking at the wrong place for the
> configuration files.
>
> [...]
> Try msmtp --version from within the Emacs shell and copy the msmtprc
> file there and try again?
I did this. msmtp is looking in the right place, exactly where my
configuration is. Actually I installed the emacs-snapshot package from
Ubuntu/Debian. Now it works.

Emacs version now is 23.0.9 and Gnus 5.13.

Other things that bothers me is that the gnus-context menus are all gone
(the ones with Field/Message/Article...) and org-mode is missing in this
snapshot (but that doesn't belong to this group anyway).

Maybe I have to startup from scratch, compiling my own emacs. :(

Greets,
        Thomas.