Re: Empty group listing for Zimbra server

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: Empty group listing for Zimbra server
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 13:46:01 +0200

Alberto Luaces <aluaces@udc.es> writes:
> l Martes, 29 de Septiembre de 2009ES 11:09:47 David Engster escribió:
>> Did you customize 'nnimap-request-list-method'? It's set to
>> imap-mailbox-list by default, but can be set to imap-mailbox-lsub.
>
> No, I didn't. In fact the variable you mentioned should be the key to my
> problem, but due to my "newbieness" with gnus, I don't know were should I put
> it exactly. I tried to add a (setq nnimap-request-list-method 'imap-mailbox-
> list) line into .gnus.el or to insert (nnimap-request-list-method 'imap-
> mailbox-list) into the list of options when configuring the nnimap server,

nnimap-request-list-method isn't a server variable, so putting it into
.gnus.el was the right thing. But as I said, imap-mailbox-list is the
default anyway, so you shouldn't have to do it in the first place.

While there is a funcall to nnimap-request-list-method in
nnimap-request-list, there's also a direct call to imap-mailbox-lsub in
nnimap-request-newgroups. Maybe that is a bug - I'm not sure. Hopefully
someone more familiar with this can chime in, which is why I added the
Gnus developer list to the CC.

>> Don't be surprised if you encounter further problems with Zimbra,
>> though...
>
> I hope that the small number of features that I will be using from the server
> won't trigger any :(

I'm afraid IMAP isn't a small feature. ;-) However, I remember that
people were using Gnus with Zimbra successfully (more or less).

Regards,
David