Re: Empty group listing for Zimbra server

From: Alberto Luaces
Subject: Re: Empty group listing for Zimbra server
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 10:42:53 +0200

David Engster writes:

> Alberto Luaces writes:
>> l Martes, 29 de Septiembre de 2009ES 11:09:47 David Engster escribió:
>>> Did you customize 'nnimap-request-list-method'? It's set to
>>> imap-mailbox-list by default, but can be set to imap-mailbox-lsub.
>>
>> No, I didn't. In fact the variable you mentioned should be the key to my
>> problem, but due to my "newbieness" with gnus, I don't know were should I
>> put
>> it exactly. I tried to add a (setq nnimap-request-list-method 'imap-mailbox-
>> list) line into .gnus.el or to insert (nnimap-request-list-method 'imap-
>> mailbox-list) into the list of options when configuring the nnimap server,
>
> nnimap-request-list-method isn't a server variable, so putting it into
> .gnus.el was the right thing. But as I said, imap-mailbox-list is the
> default anyway, so you shouldn't have to do it in the first place.
>
> While there is a funcall to nnimap-request-list-method in
> nnimap-request-list, there's also a direct call to imap-mailbox-lsub in
> nnimap-request-newgroups. Maybe that is a bug - I'm not sure. Hopefully
> someone more familiar with this can chime in, which is why I added the
> Gnus developer list to the CC.

Thank you for investigating the issue and sending the copy to the
developer list. In the meantime, I somehow used the "server subscribe"
option in Kmail in order to have my folders listed with the LSUB
command. I think that option should map the SUBSCRIBE IMAP command, but
I first tried with Kmail because I saw yesterday that one of my groups
appeared on the gnus listing after playing with that option.

So right now I'm writing from gnus, thank you!

Alberto