Re: How to pass a space character as an argument to a function already q

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: How to pass a space character as an argument to a function already quoted as an argument to another function?
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 14:54:56 -0500

http://jira.freeswitch.org/browse/FSCORE-158;jsessionid=5E61B29048C44E4C670D5297069CE0CE?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Aworklog-tabpanel),
BLR> with the following apparently relevant information:

>> Description          ≪ Hide
>> FreeSwitch Version 1.0.trunk (9029)

>> if mailer-app-args=""
>> then the following errors appear:
>> sendmail: recipients with -t option not supported ~ /bin/cat: write error:
>> Broken pipe

>> if mailer-app-args=" " then it works fine

BLR> Other than passing a space character as "mailer-app-args" to ssmtp.exe,
BLR> I am not aware of how to resolve the above-mentioned error message
BLR> without changing either my Gnus version or my mailer application.

Sorry for the delay answering.  What a pain this is...  I would write a
wrapper around ssmtp that generates the right arguments for it.  Perl,
for instance, could do it:

system('ssmtp.exe' => other-arguments-here => ' ')

Then find what's calling ssmtp and change it to call the wrapper.  Tell
us where that is.

Once you have that working, we can figure out the right way to do it
without a wrapper.  I don't know where mailer-app-args is being used so
I can't do much more, and I don't even have a Windows machine to use for
testing your scenario.

Ted