Re: nnimap split rules

From: Seb
Subject: Re: nnimap split rules
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 21:56:27 -0600

On 20 Jun 2006 22:33:53 -0700,
"harry meyers" <late@literaturlatenight.de> wrote:

> Ted Zlatanov schrieb:

>> 1) I think your fancy split rules are wrong.  They look like simple
>> split rules.  Look at the nnimap-split-fancy docs.

>> 2) gnus-spam-process-destination doesn't affect splitting, it matters
>> when you exit a group and you have articles in it that are marked as
>> spam.  They will be processed by the spam backends and then sent to
>> the spam-process-destination ("SPAM" for all groups in your setup).
>> There's a similar process for non-spam (ham) articles.

>> Hope this helps Ted
> Yes, thans, that helped. As spam splitting with bogofilter requires
> fancy split rules I changed that in my gnus but did not change the
> other splitting rules to fancy split rules. Now I did this, everything
> works properly.  harry

Can someone please show a working example of `nnimap-split-fancy' with
`spam-split' using bogofilter?  I have:

---<--------------------cut here---------------start------------------->---
(require 'spam)
(setq spam-split-group "SPAM"
      spam-use-bogofilter t
      nnimap-split-inbox '("INBOX")
      nnimap-split-predicate "UNSEEN"
      nnimap-split-rule 'nnimap-split-fancy
      nnimap-split-fancy
      '(| (from ".*sebmags.homelinux.org.*" "System")
          (: spam-split)
          "INBOX"))
(spam-initialize)

but invariably all messages in INBOX are obliterated completely from the
IMAP server.  Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,

--
Seb